1. Responsive Web Design PodcastThe Responsive Web Design Podcast is brought to life by Ethan Marcotte and Karen McGrane. There are currently over 150 episodes, and still counting. Ethan and Karen conduct discussions and interviews centered around responsive design, and well-known sites that have implemented it.
2. ShopTalk ShowThe ShopTalk Show is a huge deal, achieving a massive amount of publicity and attention, thanks to the efforts of Dave Rupert and Chris Coyier. Experts from across web design and development are invited on, on a weekly basis, and they’ve amassed over 350 episodes to date. If you’re into web design, and love staying in touch with the latest web technologies then this is one podcast you’ll definitely want to check out.
3. The Web AheadJen Simmons is the anchorwoman for The Web Ahead, through her resilience and love of tech, she invites renowned experts to speak their views and ideas on various web topics ranging from responsive web design, programming languages, and many other topics. You’re able to access fresh episodes on weekly basis, which are usually above an hour in duration.
4. The Boagworld UX ShowPaul Boag’s a very successful writer on web design, and he’s been in the industry for years with a number of successful publications under his belt. His accomplice on The Boagworld UX Show is Marcus Lillington, who has an incredible history of successes as well. This podcast channel runs to almost 500 episodes, all of which can be subscribed to, through your favorite podcast player, or RSS.
5. Alexa StopIf I was ranking these podcasts starting with my favorites, Alexa Stop would have been right at the top. Jim Bowes and Robert Belgrave study the impact of technology on our lives, and their podcast episodes explore cutting edge technologies like new developments on the web, and computational innovations.
7. DraftsGiovanni DiFeterici and Gene Crawford cover everything web design and development on Drafts, bringing this channel to life. Each podcast encompasses a time frame of 15 minutes, which is shorter than most, but each one is packed with ideas to keep you inspired and engaged.
8. TheBuildUpBobby Solomon and Jon Setzen are the big hit on TheBuildUp, they are the experts themselves, so they engage in short conversations within fields that best suits the tech industry, with emphasis to the web technology among other fields. A single episode is released on a biweekly basis.
9. The Big Web ShowJeffrey Zeldman really has it big for web techies. The episodes cover topics relating to web publishing, design, and typography among many other topics. The Big Web Show is a web show that you really can’t afford to miss out on.
10. CTRL+CLICK CASTCtrl+Click’s former name was ExpressionEngine which was brought alive by its hosts Lea Alcantara and Emily Lewis. As their slogan was “your human web inspectors” their approach to podcasting was to guide, teach, and motivate web designers.
11. The Gently MadAdam Clark with his guest on The Gently Mad podcast comes to their audience’s rescue by highlighting stories, facts, databases, deep insights and real-time experiences of individuals doing great in their respective fields.
12. 99% invisible99% Invisible episodes are consistently brilliant, despite the fact that each of the episodes usually run to a duration of between 15 to 20 mins. An amazingly addictive series of podcasts.
13. Data StoriesData visualisations are the primary topic on Data Stories, a podcast hosted by outstanding personalities Enrico Bertini and Mortiz Stefaner). Their topics are mainly academic but oftentimes, they follow their audiences responses into more divergent and less well-trodden paths. If you are passionate about web and related topics like software development, infographics and data analysis, then Data Stories will help you stay up to date.
14. Design MattersDebbie Millman has been rowing her boat in the podcast industry since 2005. She loves touching on anything design, right from architectural designs, web design, product design, etc. This is why the experts she meets for discussion on Design Matters are always designers with high sense of technical craftsmanship.
15. The Digital LifeJon Follett and Dirk Knemeyer are the podcast hosts here, they speak about everything digital but primarily digital technology. Their episodes were among the most trending. If you really want to go beyond web design, the Digital Life is your bet. Featured image via Unsplash.
So, you’ve finished college and are ready to showcase your design skills to the world. This is a pivotal moment that…
Mind-bending videos. Divisive Images. Eye-straining visuals. This list of optical illusions has it all. Join us as we…
By Max Walton
Always trying to walk the tightrope between image quality and file size? Looking to branch out from JPGs and PNGs this…